(Please read before filling out the application.)
The Communities In Schools of Central Texas AmeriCorps program can be a fun, challenging and rewarding experience for those individuals who come into the program with open hearts and minds. The students that our AmeriCorps members work with can sometimes be difficult to motivate academically and may have social skills that can be challenging as well.
Before moving forward into our application process, please consider the following questions:
- What are my reasons for committing to a year of service?
- Is this the right time in my life to commit to a year of service?
- Will other commitments in my life allow me to give this program the attention that is needed to be successful?
- I have evaluated and considered my living situation, and understand that I will be making $1,263/month before taxes as a full-time member and $631.50/month before taxes as a part-time member. Please click here for more financial considerations.
- CIS of CT AmeriCorps works within the school and the majority of the hours will be during a regular school day from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Part-Time Position Applicants:
We encourage those individuals who will be attending university/college to carefully consider how you will fit the mandatory 25 hours per week into your class schedule.
This opportunity is not like a regular part-time job and the demands can be emotionally and physically demanding; therefore, you should consider this carefully before applying to the CIS of CT AmeriCorps program.
In the past, part-time members who attended university/college would schedule most, if not all, of their classes on Tuesday and Thursdays. Other members were able to take evening classes or had a combination of Tuesday/Thursday classes and evening classes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If you are confident that you will be able to work your class schedule to successfully serve 25 hours per week during regular school hours, please proceed to the application.
*Please note we do not accept applications from the AmeriCorps National website or resumes.
**It is expected that all individuals chosen for an interview have a basic understanding of what Communities In Schools does, and what your role as an AmeriCorps member would be in our program.
If you feel this may be a challenge, we would encourage you to seek alternate opportunities to serve your community. We highly encourage those individuals who have the desire to serve, but the time commitment will not work with your schedule, to volunteer with Communities In Schools of Central Texas as a mentor or tutor to an individual student.